Kimball Art Center (KAC) is an Equal Opportunity employer. As such, KAC will not discriminate in the hiring, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination of employees based on their race, religion, sex, gender identification (an individual's internal sense of one's own gender), sexual orientation, age, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, income, or any other category or classification protected by applicable federal and local laws.
A.R.T.S GUIDE & COORDINATOR
The Kimball Art Center seeks a candidate who is inquisitive, innovative, strategic, solution-oriented, collaborative, and inspired by our mission, vision and values. The Academic Resources for Teachers & Students (A.R.T.S). Tour Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of A.R.T.S. tours which includes the creation and teaching of A.R.T.S. tours, art projects extended lesson plans, along with scheduling field trips to the Kimball Art Center and off-site classroom visits, supply selection and purchasing. This position is responsible for his/her own transportation to school sites. This position will assist with the Arts Festival and other Education and Events duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
The ARTS Guide and Coordinator will be responsible for the following roles:
- -Assisting with outreach for A.R.T.S. program.
- -Transporting self to Schools for A.R.T.S. tours that are to be held in schools.
- -Coordination of scheduling A.R.T.S. Tours Program.
- -Works with Education Department Manager to create A.R.T.S. art projects and write tour outlines.
- -Teaches A.R.T.S. tours and art projects.
- -Works with Artistic Director to write extended lesson plans for each exhibit.
- -Assisting the exhibitions department with installations and de-installations in galleries (approx.5 per year).
- -Assisting with research for A.R.T.S. and exhibit content.
- -Coordination and order A.R.T.S. supplies as directed by Education Department Manager
- -College degree in a visual arts or education field.
- -Teaching experience
- -Working with children.
Please read the full A.R.T.S GUIDE & COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION before applying.
Qualified Candidates please submit your resume with a cover letter
to Amy MacDonald at and place 'ARTS Coordinator Candidate' in the subject line.
The Kimball Art Center is looking for qualified, talented, part time art instructors to teach visual art media workshops and extended classes to a variety of age groups (1.5 years of age - adults). Our art studios accommodate most media, however please be specific with space requirements and technical equipment requirements when submitting an application. Compensation: pending experience, hourly starting at $20. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply. Teaching experience only, please.
If you are interested in teaching at the Kimball Art Center, please submit a current resume, a cover letter describing what media you are interested in teaching, basic lesson plan, desirable age group, 3 professional references, and artist portfolio (at least 5 images of your work). Please submit these requirements in PDF format to:
Portfolio images may be attached in JPEG format.
You may also submit all requirements via mail:
Education Program Manager
P.O. Box 1478
Park City, UT 84060.